First, I'd like to preface this by saying I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Tammy, so to you my friend, thanks. (PS check out her blog here)
Secondly, I will not be blogging all that regularly - yet. It's only only only going to be about books I've read, want to read, have heard about, authors I adore etc. and every now and then I'll play along and do meme. The reason I say not yet? I have the daunting task of passing the CPA Exam which currently takes up nearly all my free time. Anyhow.
The book I happen to be currently reading (although sporadically) is Nefertiti by Michelle Moran. As the title indicates it's about Nefertiti, and so far it's all been told from the PoV of her sister, Mutny. According to the author there's a lot of historical research that went into the book to make it as accurate as possible, down to the mosaic colored tiles in the floor descriptions. Either way, thus far I'm enjoying it and it's easy to pick up and put down, which for me, is a godsend at the moment. Hopefully it will end up being a fabulous book in stay in my reading pile.
Oh yes, my TBR pile is 19 deep and I plan on adding at least one more after my book shopping adventure tomorrow. I can't seem to go into a bookstore without buying something, and I have a dreadful time walking past a bookstore without going inside. Oh the travesty...
Until my next post (whether it's the middle to end of the above mentioned or about a new one) happy reading fellow bloggers!
AHHH! I heart you!
ReplyDelete